[mythtv-users] Skipping oddness.... or "It's a feature not a bug"

Ray Whiteman ray.whiteman at consultant.com
Fri Jul 4 10:12:51 UTC 2008

Hello,

I run mythbuntu 7.10 currently, no backports or anything funky. Works
perfectly with a few tiny exceptions. One of them is that when I skip
forward or back, there is a brief 1-2 sec "resync" of audio and video
that results in a couple second loss of  tiny loss of content. I expect
that when skipping it should be fluid  and pretty much instant.

Why is this not the case?

Is this a case of "It's a feature not a bug? Or is it just the accepted
way it is?

Some detail - if you care :)

adude at mythtv:~$ apt-cache policy mythtv-common
mythtv-common:
  Installed: 0.20.2-0ubuntu10.1
  Candidate: 0.20.2-0ubuntu10.1
  Version table:
 *** 0.20.2-0ubuntu10.1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com gutsy-updates/multiverse Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.20.2-0ubuntu10 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com gutsy/multiverse Packages
rwhitema at mythtv:~$ uname -a
Linux mythtv 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Tue Dec 18 08:02:57 UTC 2007 i686
GNU/Linux