[mythtv-users] What IR ... --> Need Help, Trackball doesn't work [SOLVED]

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Fri Jul 4 05:26:10 UTC 2008

Raphael wrote:

>>> -snip-
>>>

>> Thanks Peter for the help,
>>
>> Too easy once again.  Restarting X is not enough.  Reboot solved it.
>> Sorry for the post.  At least the information about what the keyboard
>> looked like was useful :-)
>>
>> And for anyone else having this problem, this mouse is not plug and
>> play, it needs a full reboot.
>>
>> Allen
>>

> Odd, I have this same one and first time I plugged it in it worked
> mouse and all.
> I guess it's a case by case basis.
> Raphy

Thanks for the reply,

Stupid me, the computer needed to be re-booted not just restarting X.
Once that brainstorm hit, ti worked fine -- for a day then quit.  I
requested an RMA.  It has to go back.

It doesn't work on either computer it worked on yesterday.  I tried 3
sets of batteries.  The lights no longer blink in response to a
keystroke.  It is dead.  Like the parrot in Monti Python.

Allen