[mythtv-users] Motherboard replacement - opinions...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 01:53:35 UTC 2008

On 7/3/08, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to upgrade my system and hoping that you guys can give some
> feedback on this board or make a recommendation for another.
>
> *http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127036*
>
> I'm looking to do some HD in the future the HDMI looks to be a nice
> feature...
>
> Thanks.
>
> AJM,

The one issue I would have with the above board in a FE/BE role or in
a BE role is the lack of expansion slots, an issue shared by ALL
microATX motherboards. I want to be able to stuff tuners into
motherboards, but that may be just me.

If your looking at the above in a pure FE role, it looks like it would
be just fine.

The one microATX motherboard I have had experience with and would NOT
recommend is the ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS which was shipped with an invalid
MAC address (a problem when one plan to use the machine for net
booting).

Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor