[mythtv-users] mythmusic iec958 help

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Thu Jul 3 20:30:58 UTC 2008

Gregg,

Hmmm.  Do you still have the original .asoundrc file from FC8?  I'm not
even sure there was one.  Well, I'm reasonably sure running without any
.asoundrc is probably OK.

Richard's (hobbes1069) comments about alsamixer are right on.  Make sure
all the iec958 stuff is unmuted, and set to some reasonably high volume
level.  You can adjut them to your preferences later, once you know
which ones do what.

Now, are you getting anything from your receiver?  Some of the indicator
lights ought to be lighting up to tell you what signals are coming thru.

If you are still getting the syslog errors about rate mismatches, then
at some point you're going to have to replace your sound card (to get
proper pitch on CDRoms).  In the meantime, you might try setting the
sound device to /dev/dsp to see if it gets rid of the message; and/or
outputs sound.

Good luck,

Joe Henley