[mythtv-users] Please help! My mythbackend started to crash sporadically

lists_mythtv_users lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 16:25:12 UTC 2008

Joe Ripley wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:14 AM, lists_mythtv_users
> <lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> There have been several great responses on this topic detailing how to
>> diagnose a hardware fault.  Can anyone suggest how to help diagnose a
>> software fault?  Is there a way to capture useful information from a
>> backtrace that could be passed on to a myth/kernel/driver developer in
>> order to give them some insight into some code that can be improved?
>>
>> Steve.
>>

> When it comes to Myth:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2

Thanks for the info.

In summary, I'd have to recompile MythTV with debugging support
enabled.  Is it feasible to compile the myth source and replace the
mythbackend binary that was installed from RPM with a mythbackend binary
compiled with debugging support enabled?  Or would I have to go the
whole hog and do "./configure --compile-type-debug && make && make install"?

Steve.