[mythtv-users] Questions about Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212)

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 3 13:35:55 UTC 2008

> Thanks to those who suggested the split on the component out.  I'll
> have to look around for the appropriate cables and splitters.

I wouldn't use simple RCA splitters on video, it would be better to use
a distribution amp. Video is a bit like RF in that the cables need to be
impedance matched and terminated properly. TVs and other devices usually
have terminators inside.
If you use a passive cable splitter, then the output device sees two
terminators in parallel, which puts more load on it.

It isn't going to hurt anything, you'll just get poorer quality video.

- Richard