[mythtv-users] hauppauge hvr-1800 very low volume

genius9976 at yahoo.com genius9976 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 23:02:22 UTC 2008

I initially set up this box just with a
hauppauge pvr-500 (analog), and got everything set up.  I added a
Hauppauge hvr-1800 and the digital tuner seems to be working fine,
except the audio on the recordings is VERY quiet.  I opened some
files recorded off the analog and digital tuners in VLC and Mplayer
and the differences are persistent across playback programs (though
myth playback is similar to the other programs' volumes under 20%,
even with the volume maxed out in myth... combining these two things,
getting loud enough audio watching my digital recordings is
difficult).  The problem exists with liveTV and after recordings have
been transcoded with the audio transcoded to mp3.  The difference is
also apparent when playing the files of the recordings from my
windows laptop.  Any ideas on how to fix this disparity?  I haven't
found anything googling (probably since it is a new card).  Is there
maybe some way to turn up the volume in the drivers for the card?

Thank you,
-Scott

My Mythbox (frontend and backend):
Fedora Core 9 x86-64