[mythtv-users] Changing Tuners

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jul 2 20:40:24 UTC 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 2, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Bill White wrote:
>>
>>> Have the keyboard buttons for changing tuners and inputs changed
>>> in .
>>> 21?  I have a PVR-500 and a PVR-150 and am unable to change inputs
>>> via the C key or the current tuner via the Y key.
>>
>> Yes. You have to assign a key (Edit Keys in Myth Frontend) to cycle
>> through tuners. The preferred way of changing inputs is to hit M(enu)
>> and choose Switch Input, then select from the available inputs there.
>> Each card can have more than 1 input so cycling tuners makes less
>> sense than changing inputs.
>
> A question along those lines... I have a single HDHR so I have two
> tuners and two inputs. So Tuner 1 and Input 1 are the same and Tuner 2
> and Input 2 are the same. Should I change tuners or inputs? I would
> think they would have the same effect but one may be preferrable over
> the other...

Since each of your tuners has a simple input, either will work the
same as the other. I happen to have a pcHDTV-5500 with 3 virtual
tuners so when I change input, I cycle through the virtual tuners
before getting to my next one and that's annoying so I press M and
pick the input I want to switch to.

Of course, the best answer as we all know is to stop using LiveTV and
just watch what's been recorded. ;)