[mythtv-users] Fedora firewall problems(?)

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 20:38:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've got a new installation of Fedora 9. The problem is I can't connect to
it for most services. For some reason ssh works, but I'm trying to use it as
a mythtv backend, and it won't allow either a mysql connection or a
mythbackend connection. Also the apache web server appears to be blocked (no
route to host when doing "telnet 192.168.1.39 80").

I've used system-config-firewall to ensure there is no firewall running, and
I've tried SELinux in both permissive and off modes.

Can anybody tell me of any other settings that could be blocking these
ports?

Thanks,

Jonny