[mythtv-users] Playing 1212 files was: ONLINE ORDER#XXXXXX...

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Wed Jul 2 18:33:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 01:24:39PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 01:16:53PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> >> If you got no sound, then you are missing --enable-faad when you built myth.
> >
> > I have --enable-libfaad.  Did the name change or has --enable-libfaad
> > always been wrong?  I also have --enable-libfaac.  Perhaps it should be
> > --enable-faac?
>
> Sorry, that was from memory.  --enable-libfaad is correct.  faac is
> the encoder lib, while faad is the decoder lib.
>
> I don't know why you don't have sound.  What do your logs say?

I finally had a chance to look at it.  The log is pretty big so I'll try
my best to summarize:

A *lot* of these:
  [h264 @ 0xb7244c88]Interlaced pictures + spatial direct mode is not implemented

Quite a few of these:
  NVP: Video is 30 frames behind audio (too slow), dropping frame to catch up.

Also some:
  NVP: prebuffering pause
  NVP: Waiting for prebuffer.. X ....
  NVP: Prebuffer wait timed out 10 times.

One curious thing:
  nVidiaVideoSync: VBlank ioctl did not work, unimplemented in this driver?

I think I'm not getting audio because it's having so much problem with
the video.  I'm trying to playback on a 1080i display.

For the curious I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ which I thought I had
read was sufficient for playing back these types of files.  But maybe
not.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org