[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct is not updating

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Wed Jul 2 15:22:24 UTC 2008

greg wrote:
> allen edwards wrote:
>
>> I thought I should have 14 days of program data.  Also, I thought that
>> the update was automatic.  I see that I have 12 days and that my NEXT
>> update is scheduled for YESTERDAY.  I did the last update manually when
>> I first noticed this hoping it would go away.  I saw a post on this that
>> caused me to crash my mythweb.  Hope to do better on this list.
>>
>> Here is data from mythweb backend status:
>>
>> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2008-06-29 23:42 and ended on
>> 2008-06-29 23:42. Successful.
>> Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: 2008-06-30 10:55.
>> There's guide data until 2008-07-13 06:00 (12 days).
>> DataDirect Status: Your subscription expires on 06/17/2009 08:18:29 AM
>> (I write this on 7/1/2008. )
>>
>> I did this: "mysqlcheck -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg" and everything
>> was "OK" in the database.
>>
>> By the way, the post that told me to do this check had me change the
>> mysql password.  That locked out my mythweb until I figured out what to
>> change it back to.  This makes me a little hesitant to just try stuff I
>> find on the web...
>>
>> Mythbuntu 8.04
>>
>> Allen

> Did you set up your frontend to update the listings automatically?
> Check  utilities and settings , then under the General tab,goto the last
> page, if it's setup you will see Automatically run mythfilldatabase and
> the path to the mythfilldatabase Program..
Thank you so much.  That was embarrassingly easy.  I should have caught
that in the install process.  I am surprised your suggestion didn't show
up in all my googling for this.  Well, I guess it will now for the next
person.

I just ran it manually to get it off to a good start, I now have 14 days
of data, and the next update is scheduled for tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Allen