[mythtv-users] Questions about Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212)

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 01:39:59 UTC 2008

> Couple questions about your laptop:
> - Is it USB 1.1 or 2.0? Almost certainly need the latter.
> - Are you recording directlly to its internal hard drive, or going to
> external storage? Could be a factor.
> - Do you have the latest updated drivers?

Laptop has USB 2.0 and storage is internal.  Oh, and just to complete
the specs, because I wasn't sure in my earlier post, the processor is
a Pentium M 1.73 GHz.  As far as the drivers, there only seems to be
one version available (1.0B, dated June 13th).

Thanks to those who suggested the split on the component out.  I'll
have to look around for the appropriate cables and splitters.

If there's another place where discussions on this device would be
more appropriate I'd be interested in knowing about it.  I did search
around before posting here, but didn't find much.  I ultimately
decided that this would be as good a place as any.