[mythtv-users] Nova-s and FreeSat settings ?

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:55:31 UTC 2008

On 7/1/08, Paul <thannet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> Wonder if you can help, I am very confused by the setting in myth
> related to the Nova-s, I have managed to prove that the cards work by
> scanning :-
> scan -a0 -x 0
> -n /usr/share/doc/dvb-utils/examples/scan/dvb-s/Astra-28.2E
> Which produces a list of the channels fine.

I've always found it a lot simpler to scan directly from Myth, rather than
import a 'scan' file.

Kingofsat (and Lyngsat) have all the frequencies you need:
http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

You need to do each transponder separately - so for E4 for example, just go
to the mythtv-setup, and in channel scan enter:

Frequency: 10729000, Modulation 22000, auto for the rest and it will scan
all the progs in that transponder (E4+1, Film4, Channel4, etc)