[mythtv-users] OT problem with Xorg

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jul 1 18:35:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 06:56:55AM +0100, Gary Dawes alleged:
> Bugger - It's not fixed. Joe's strace has revealed that X seems to be stuck
> in a loop processing gettimeofday. machine time is correct and NTP is
> functioning as normal.

It is very likely not having a problem with gettimeofday, it is just in a loop
that happens to include gettmeofday.

strace only shows the system calls, it just happens to be the only system call
in the loop.

   while(1) {
     gettimeofday();
     do some stuff;