[mythtv-users] Please help! My mythbackend started to crash sporadically

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Tue Jul 1 16:29:10 UTC 2008

> How is your disk space?  Mine started crashing occasionally once my
> disk filled up.  I am wondering if it is an auto-expire problem.

I also had this idea! It all started when I had only 5-7 Gigs free on
the video storage partition. It's not too little, but I still freed up
some space additionally. But now there's about 150 Gigs free and my
backend still keeps crashing...

> One of the new features of Myth, is that it does not delete shows
> immediately.  Instead, they get expired as needed.  This way you can
> undelete a show.  The crashes may be completely unrelated to this new
> behavior, but the timing makes me wonder.

Hmmm... I never used "undelete" feature. It seems that my recordings
does not expire at all, at least I see some very old recordings that I
don't need, that has Autoexpire = ON but they do not get deleted.
Maybe the backend waits for the partition to be filled up to start
deleting data?

> I have tried to capture a back-trace, but mine does not crash very
> often, and it never seems to do it when I want it to...

Mine seem to crash exactly when I don't want it to crash. :)

--
Best regards,
 Andrew