[mythtv-users] Please help! My mythbackend started to crash sporadically

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Tue Jul 1 15:04:28 UTC 2008

>> *** glibc detected *** mythbackend: malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x08dec407 ***
>>
> Not a dev but I'd reboot the machine and let memtest loose on it for a
> few hours (at least one full cycle).  I'd also break open the case and
> check for dust build up (along with jammed fans, buldging/leaking caps
> and fouled cables).  RAM modules can go bad.

Thanks a lot for the fast response! :)

So you say it's likely to be a hardware problem?
I thought it's something in the software, as the only application that
fails is my mythbackend. I have also a frontend running on that
machine and I haven't had such kind of problems with it...

P.S. To clean some dust inside the case is probably a good idea.
I'll do some maintenance / cleaning today anyway.

--
Best regards,
 Andrew