[mythtv-users] Flash streaming help

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 1 13:55:28 UTC 2008

I apologize if this is confusing.  I always seem to have trouble
formulating my questions.

After reading as much as I can about flash streaming, I'd like to try
using it, but only the mythweb flash player part.  My recordings are
done using NuppelVideo` and the current flash conversion on the
backend doesn't support that.  Now, I do have a script that will
convert my videos to flash format that I got from
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_from_mythweb_using_flash_video
and I modified it a little to get better quality videos and to improve
it's behavior on a heavily loaded machine.  That means I can create
.flv files but I don't want the backend to try creating them.  Is
there some way I can link the output from my user script to the
mythweb flash player?

James