[mythtv-users] TV output in MythTV not matching resolution in X

covert covert thecovert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 07:08:51 UTC 2008

I have a strange problem I am having a hard time working out. When I
set my screen to 720x576 at 50 with the Modes line in the Screen section
of xorg.conf the desktop looks fine and everything fits as it should.
I then start FE and again everything looks and fits as it should. Then
I go to watch live TV and the OSD pops up in the right place down the
bottom of the screen. Then as soon as the picture starts I get a
letter-boxing effect. with about 20% of the screen cut of on top and
bottom.

Now this is where it gets funny. If I have my modes line set to a
different resolution and then change it "xrandr -s 720x576" ,then
start
FE live TV - Everything now fits correctly.

Looking for any suggestions on how to fix this.