[mythtv-users] mythweb displays different

Justin Smith justin at smithpolglase.com
Tue Jul 1 03:00:56 UTC 2008

mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 11:15 AM, steve <sfreilly at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> > I read in a post somewhere a long time ago about this problem, but
> > damned if I can find it again..... If you access mythweb from IE it
> > changes the way the page renders or something to do with cookies, I cant
> > remember.  Now, this is the way mythweb looks from any browser
> >
> > http://download.reillyblog.com/mythweb.png
> >
> > any clue how to bring it back to normal with firefox and the flash and
> > icons?
>
> This post might be of help:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/297292#297292

I have the same problem whenever I access mythweb from a PC after
accessing mythweb from my phone. I'm running 0.21-fixes (svn from a
couple of weeks ago).

The view you are seeing is based on a template designed for mobiles.
Somehow this template gets magically selected when accessing mythweb
from your mobile device (which is an awesome feature, BTW). You can
reset the template by adding "settings?RESET_TMPL=true" to your mythweb
URL. E.g.

http://<your url>/mythtv/settings?RESET_TMPL=true

It would be nice if the "PC" template also get selected automatically,
but I have no idea how this works. Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Justin.