[mythtv-users] sempron 3100 v. 64 3000+

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 23:24:27 UTC 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 3:17 PM, Tom Greer <trgreer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fry's regularly advertises motherboard/CPU combo deals.  I recently picked
> up a ECS AM2 socket motherboard with built-in nVidia graphics and an AMD
> BE-2350 Althlon X2 CPU for about $80.
>
> I'd pursue a deal like that rather than invest any additional money in a
> socket 754 system.
>

> Tom

That is a good point, and indeed, is how I got this current system.
The only thing is that the deal was for a small form factor iDeq made
by biostar that included the CPU.  The computer is similar to a
shuttle.  So getting a new mobo is not an option here, although I
would certainly wait for a deal like this if I wanted a new system
completely.

I guess the consensus is that I am not going to get much difference in
performance by simply plopping in the new CPU, or if I do, it won't be
$50 worth of difference.