[mythtv-users] manage my archives

Alvaro Gonzalez Sola cojonuo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:59:52 UTC 2008

jedi at mishnet.org escribió:
>> Brad DerManouelian escribió:

>>> One of the options is to copy myth native files to a file system.
>>> "It's not just for DVD's any more."
>>>

>> thanks you? but you don't understand me, my english level is poor, :-)
>>
>> Mytharchive is to create backup for my myth-system to a DVD or other
>> filesystem, ¿it's ok?.
>> But i need copy archive for external filesystem (external HD, usbstick)
>> to my myth-system. For example:
>> My friend come to my house with music in her usbmemory and i can't copy
>> her music (photo, video, etc) to my
>> myth-system whit mytharchive, I need a filemanager.
>>
> [deletia]
>
> Why not just use the filemanager?

Because in TV isn't easy use Konqueror and i think use only remote control
> Just have the relevant myth directories accessable on some other
> machine and use that as the transfer point. One of the cool things
> about Myth is that it is more "general purpose".

I like this! is interesant, but i think that integrate file manager
(only basic function) in mythtv is a good plugin.
Can use plugin mythArchive to devel filemanager because whit mythArchive
can explore filesystem easily, only
need copy, paste, remove, rename, and create folder function.
> I am not sure that I would want to import photos into my MythPhoto
> setup through the remote control or potentially tie up the main TV
> in the process.

yes, whit mythGallery can manage photo (import, move, copy and delete)
but only with photo.
Music an Video plugin can't manage archive. (to remove a music archive,
need a filemanager, for example)
> That was something that always annoyed me about Tivo.

Now i edit menu xml and add a buttom "file manager" that <action>EXEC
Thunar</action> in fullscreen, and
edit lircrc to use this easily.
Thunar is a very fast filemanager from XFCE desktop.