[mythtv-users] Antec Fusion, MBR/PWR GND connector?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 31 03:20:44 UTC 2008

Michael Nguyen wrote:
> So, I have this Fusion case and I'm putting things together..  I've run
> into a little confusion with the MBR/PWD GND connector that comes with
> the case.  Supposedly, this allows for power on via the remote, but I'm
> unclear as to where I plug this in.  The Antec FAQ says to plug it into
> the "mainboard power pin", but I'm not sure what they're talking about.
> The power switch is already plugging into the motherboard, so where does
> this go?  Here is the FAQ entry:
>
> http://www.antec.com/us/support_roductInfo_FAQ.php?Qnumber=12&FAQno=24
>
> The English is really odd on that page but if anyone can tell me what I
> need to do exactly, I'd be very appreciative.

Sounds to me as if you connect those pins in place of the case-mounted
"soft power on" switch. The MB pin is usually part of a header with
other pins, like HDD LED etc.

This would seem to mean that you now *have* to turn the unit on with the
remote, I think it would be better to keep the case switch active by
paralleling the wires, but don't blame me if you blow something up by
trying this :-)

beww