[mythtv-users] analog RGB capture card for mythtv

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 29 19:07:10 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Geir Inge wrote:

> Hi
>
> My provider is changing from analog cable to encrypted digital signals
> over the cable.
>
> To get TV signals into my mythtv backend I need to use the RGB output
> from the cable box controlling the channels using an IR blaster
> I would suspect that many mythtv users have a similar setup with
> satellite tuners/settop boxes.
>
> What are your recommendations for an analog RGB video + S/PDIF
> (preferably)/analog sound capture card for
> mythtv use ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Geir I.

There isn't one. Not until Hauppauge's fabled component capture device
is released, linux drivers provided and integrated into MythTV,
anyway. More about the device here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=974885
If the signal is not encrypted, you can go into a high-def capture
device like a pcHDTV-5500 or HDHomeRun or even via Firewire from your
STB if is has that option. Otherwise, you'll need to do with a
standard capture via s-video or whatever else your box will spit out
and into an analog card like a PVR-150.