[mythtv-users] Pink Screen - Nvidia Driver Upgrade

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:43:14 UTC 2008

Every so often (I think it happens when I pause tv or a recording for a long
time then return to watch) I get a pink screen. Audio still works.

I read on the Ubuntu forums (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=572057)
that this was a Nvidia driver issue that could be fixed be either
downgrading or upgrading the driver. However I don't really understand how
to do this. I have the Nvidia drivers in use (100.14.19)

Here is my system info:
Mythbuntu 7.10 install
AMD 64
Kernel: 2.6.22-14-generic
Current Nvidia driver: 100.14.19

I have tried to download the latest driver from Nvidia (169.09) and install
as described on their site (sh .....pkg2.run) but I get errors to do with no
precompiled kernel interface.

Can someone help me figure out how to upgrade my Nvidia driver?