[mythtv-users] Recording/live-tv video quality (aka do PVR150 encoders suck?)

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Tue Jan 29 15:14:23 UTC 2008

Scott,

I think you should make a short sample of a recording available to see
what others think, since many of us use PVRxxx cards with no discernible
loss of quality.  This leads me to suspect something is off in your
set-up.  Have you tried using the PVR card's tuner just as a comparison
point?  I know you are doing an apples to apples comparison, but it
might just be that composite input is a weak point with those cards
and you might find an alternative method that is better.  I have used
cable input and S-video input on a PVR-350, and both are excellent.

Don't just chalk it up to people not caring about the quality.  Many
of us do, and it is fine.

Also, I think you should discuss this on the ivtv list, where the real
experts hang-out.

Dan