[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Eric (MythTV) eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Mon Jan 28 22:18:47 UTC 2008

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> A couple questions:
>
> 1) The pop-up never disappears.  I modified the mythPlayer script to
> lower it down to 1000 ms, and even then it stays stuck on my screen.
> Any idea how to fix this?
>
> 2) Any way to enlarge or adjust the placement of the pop-up?  It is in
> my lower right corner, and due to overscan, a little chopped off.
> Plus, the thing is fairly tiny for me to read from a distance.

Gabe:

I switched over to MythDora, and have since got my popups working.
Except, just like you, the popups never disappear.  Well, sorta.  I get
multiple popups.  I presume thats not the expected behavior.  I'll get a
stack of 3 or 4 popups.  They eventually disappear, all but the bottom
one.  So for now, Popups are turned back off. :(

With KnoppMyth I was able to get my remote control to be able to change
the volume in mplayer, when a stream was playing... but now I cant get
that functionality to work in MythDora.  This is a must-fix, I can deal
without the popups, but without volume control, I cant use it.

Any thoughts?  What version of Fedora were you using?

Thanks!
--Eric