[mythtv-users] mythweb thumbnail/streaming issue

brad dreisbach bradd at ameri.ca
Mon Jan 28 19:53:16 UTC 2008

I am using SVN version 15624.

I have 1 master backend and 1 slave backend/frontend with mythweb
running on the master backend.
I have seen similar issues in the mailing list archives but not this
specific issue.

So in mythweb when i go to the "Recorded Programs" tab, all of my
recorded programs from
both backends show up properly with thumbnails.  My issue is when I
click on one of the programs
recorded on the slave backend to bring up the "Program Detail" page.
When I do this I get
no thumbnail and a 0 byte file is created in the mythweb cache
directory.  looking at the page
source i see this:

"flashvars",'file=http://master:80/mythweb/pl/stream/1161/1201539600.flv&still=192.168.1.178
objects/Program.php, line 583:<br />file_get_contents(http://192.168.1.178:6544/Myth/GetPreviewImage?ChanId=1161&amp;StartTime=2008-01-28T12:00:00&amp;Height=260&amp;Width=320&amp;SecsIn=150
) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</
a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

192.168.1.178 is the master backend not the slave backend.   it seems
like it should be using
the slave backend ip address when calling the GetPreviewImage script(i
can successfully create/transfer
the png from the cli using wget and url string above, just changed the
ip address to the slave backend).  also
when i try to direct download or stream via asx i get the following
error:

1161_20080128120000.mpg does not exist in any recognized storage group
directories for this host.

this used to work and Im not sure whats changed or where else to
look.  the fact that the thumbnails get
created/transferred in the Recorded programs page but not in the
Program Details page is very baffling.
I have confirmed the IP addresses in mythtv-setup on both
machines...any ideas?

thanks,
-b