[mythtv-users] Occasional failure to switch resolution back

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:07:39 UTC 2008

I have everything in myth running at 1680x1050 except for video playback
which I've set to 1152x864 (better refresh rate for smoother playback).

Occasionally (but often enough to be annoying) when exiting from watching a
recording (either by pressing Esc or via the Delete dialog) myth doesn't
switch back to 1680x1050. So it ends up with displaying the top left
1152x864 pixels of the 1680x1050 interface, meaning I have to quit out of
the mythfrontend/mythwelcome and restart X.

Being that I can't easily reproduce it (but it will happen at least once or
twice a week) and before I raise a bug ticket could someone give me an idea
of what would be the best logging options to run on the frontend to try and
figure out what is causing this.  I'm using a nvidia 6150 on ubuntu
7.10with the latest "stable" drivers if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Ash