[mythtv-users] Viktor's Bob deint patch for interlaced modelines

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:44:13 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 8:24 AM, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/01/2008, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The code will/should only reject display modes where it believes the
> display refresh rate (50Hz ideally) cannot support doubling the source
> frame rate ie. from 25Hz to 50Hz.

With interlaced modelines, myth reports 60Hz REFRESH rates at 30 and
50Hz and 25, thus disallowing use of Bob.  I've been confused by that
for some time:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/302387

That's what the patch originally posted by Viktor is for.  I can't use
Bob (which looks awesome on my TV by the way) without it.

Tom