[mythtv-users] We need a FAQ on multirec

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Mon Jan 28 05:21:36 UTC 2008

This new feature caught me by surprise, and I think
we really could use a FAQ on this.  Put it on a wiki or
something.  I'd write something up, but I really know
next to nothing about it; just that it has something to
to do with digitally multiplexed channels, which I also
don't completely understand.  If someone who does
understand all these issues could write something
up about all this, including trying to provide a list of
what hardware is compatible with multirec, I know I'd
really appreciate it, and I think others would also.

Otherwise, expect a flood of "Exactly what is multirec
anyway?" messages when people start to talk about this
more.