[mythtv-users] How to eliminate or at least gracefully exit mythwelcome (revisited)

Scott Traurig straurig at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 03:53:06 UTC 2008

Message: 25
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:41:31 -0800
From: Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] How to eliminate or at least gracefully
	exit	mythwecome (revisited)
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On Jan 27, 2008, at 5:53 PM, Scott Traurig wrote:

>> OK, I'm a moron. I had no idea there was an "M" menu! That works
>> fine!
>>

> Actually, maybe not such a moron...
>
> That menu does not reliably appear, hence now I'd like to just
> eliminate
> mythwelcome. Help with that would be most appreciated.

Not sure why it's not reliable for you, but to avoid mythwelcome,
don't use it. Just launch mythfrontend instead of mythwelcome.

------------------------------

Message: 26
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:00:49 -0700
From: "James Hood" <ebenblues at gmail.com>
	exit	mythwecome (revisited)
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

FWIW, I'm very interested in getting rid of mythwelcome also and integrating
the functionality directly into mythfrontend/mythbackend, i.e, if all
mythfrontend's are idle at a menu for X number of minutes, then mythbackend
will automatically shutdown.

James

On Jan 27, 2008 7:41 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2008, at 5:53 PM, Scott Traurig wrote:
>

> >> OK, I'm a moron. I had no idea there was an "M" menu! That works
> >> fine!
> >>

> > Actually, maybe not such a moron...
> >
> > That menu does not reliably appear, hence now I'd like to just
> > eliminate
> > mythwelcome. Help with that would be most appreciated.
>
> Not sure why it's not reliable for you, but to avoid mythwelcome,
> don't use it. Just launch mythfrontend instead of mythwelcome.

Damn, I'm a moron again! :-) There's this launcher marked "Start Myth TV" on
my desktop and of course I just assume it starts mythfrontend. Changed the
properties on it to actually do that and voila, success!

Thanks!