[mythtv-users] MythWeb error? require_once

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 19:39:02 UTC 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 8:39 AM, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to get Mythweb going today on Ubuntu Gutsy and getting the following
> error when trying to launch Mythweb in a browser, anyone know what's up with
> it? I did some searching and not coming up with much any help is
> appreciated.
> Warning: require_once(includes/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to
> open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/mythweb.php on line 20
>  Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required
> 'includes/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
> /var/www/mythweb.php on line 20
> Thanks,

I'm running mythweb under Gentoo from their ebuild, so I'm not
specifically familiar with how Ubuntu installs it...however here's
what looks odd to me:

The error is coming from mythweb.php apparently at the root of your
web server....that is, where it would be accessible as
http://your_server/mythweb.php.  On my system, and I would think under
other distributions, mythweb would be in it's own subdirectory named
mythweb, so it would be accessed as

That's how mine is set up anyway...and there is in fact an includes
directory under mythweb with that init.php.