[mythtv-users] What window manager for CentOS?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jan 27 11:58:40 UTC 2008

Anthony Zawacki wrote:
> Phill Edwards wrote:
>
>> This isn't one of those "which window manager should I use" questions!
>> I have been using ratpoison and evilwm for ages and think they're both
>> great for a MythTV front end. However, I've just migrated from Fedora
>> Core to CentOS and am finding that the binary RPMs available for this
>> is limited and I can't find any for either of these window managers.
>>
>> So I thought I would ask what CentOS users have installed for a window manager?
>>

> I use IceWM for my CentOS frontends.

I have no experience of using anything but kde, on a combined fe/be and
general purpose box.

Smart can't fully upgrade this and at present I have two packages locked
out from the kde-testing-redhat repo.

These are

kdebase 6:3.5.7-6.el5 at i386
and
kdelibs 6:3.5.7-9.el5 at i386

Konqueror still crashes occasionally.  I think this is supposed to be
cured by using xdm, but there is still no xorg-x11-xdm packge listed.

HTH,  John P