[mythtv-users] Where the bottleneck?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 04:21:20 UTC 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 8:29 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well after rebuilding the system on the 10 gig drive i still have the same
> issues.  when playing HD and commflaging and any disk access occurs i get
> pauses in video.  so when a recording ends that disk access studders the
> video.
>
> Would moving to 32 bit help at all?

I doubt it.

Based on my anecdotal experience (edited home-recorded videos in
Kino), I'd suggest you try a cheap  video card (you can get low-end
PCI-E ones from Newegg for about $40). Embedded video is less
expensive and uses less power than a dedicated card, but memory
contention really slows it down.

Calvin Dodge