[mythtv-users] Debugging HDHomeRun tuning

William Munson w.munson at comcast.net
Sat Jan 26 02:07:31 UTC 2008

Dan Ritter wrote:
> I had my HDHomeRun set up for a dozen or so clear-QAM channels
> from Comcast. Today I switched to RCN.
>
> Using VLC, I can see almost 40 clear-QAM channels, all QAM-256,
> but MythTV doesn't want to scan any of them, timing out the
> whole way down. I'm running svn 14372.
>
> Anyone with ideas?
>
> -dsr-

You will probably want to run the SVN trunk branch for best performance.
Turn on the always use quick tune option and be prepared to manually
enter every channel into the sql database.

Of course not tuning anything may mean you selected the wrong modulation
type or wrong type of channel pattern (qam cable or cable-hrc etc...)

The hdhr support in myth sucks and the devs dont have time or the urge
right now to fix it.