[mythtv-users] The end of analog - Digital Converter Vaporware?

Curtis Porter cdp at curtisporter.com
Sat Jan 26 00:11:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 16:49 -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> Kevin Bailey wrote:
> >                                         ^^^^^^^
> >> Channels 7-13 ARE High-band VHF (174-216 Mhz.)
> >
> > DIGITAL channels 7-13. My channels.conf file says that
> > channel 7 is at 707MHz.
>
> A channel frequency is a channel frequency, digital or analog.

In my area, the TV station that broadcasts on channel 7 (174-180 MHz) in
analog is also broadcasting a digital signal on channel 42 (638-644
MHz).  Next February the analog VHF channel will stop broadcasting
altogether, and the digital broadcast on channel 42 will continue.  That
frees up the VHF bandwidth to be auctioned, which is one of the driving
reasons behind the whole analog -> digital conversion in the first
place.

Curtis