[mythtv-users] Converts as you record for wireless transmission

Dan Cotter dancotter2003 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:56:36 UTC 2008

My 58mbps wireless can only really achieve about 8mb (1MB) per second streaming. I want to record a program live and watch it over wireless. I am sharing the recordings folder, and I am running ubuntu.
How/where do I pick other codecs I can record too and which one would be best quality but under 1MB per second? The program is standard definition digital pal (576i).
Overpaid or Underpaid? Check our comprehensive Salary Centre