[mythtv-users] Commercials flagged for shows recorded on channels marked as comm free

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 25 19:08:32 UTC 2008

On 01/25/2008 01:11 PM, Dan Wilga wrote:
> At 9:00 AM +0000 1/25/08, Ashley Bostock wrote:
>
>> I'm running SVN 15558 and have several channels marked as being comm
>> free (BBC channels in the UK).
>> However I've noticed recently that when myth records off the these
>> channels it has started to comm flag them.
>>
> It works as designed for me. Perhaps you have an override in your
> recording rule that is causing it to run commflag regardless of the
> global setting?

The recording rule's "auto-flag commercials" option isn't an override.
It simply requests commflagg on those channels that have commercials.  I
have it enabled on every single rule of mine.

You may be saying, "But you already admitted that you have this issue?"
That's true, but I also said that there's seemingly no pattern to when
it occurs--regardless of channel, content type, or recording rule.  :)

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Mike