[mythtv-users] Auto shutdown of frontend

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:47:36 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 9:53 PM, Taco Mel <taco_mel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have two myth frontends and I would like to put in a
> cron job that shuts these down at 9:00 AM on Monday
> through Friday.  The idea being, both I and my wife
> will have left for work, and I don't want the machines
> on all day with nobody watching them.  Scheduling such
> a cron job would be easy.

And your reason for not using Mythwelcome/Mythshutdown is...?

Note that you don't have to run Mythwelcome all the time, either.  You
only need to use it to set up / update the Mythshutdown settings.  It
will shutdown automatically even if Mythwelcome isn't running.  I
know.  I forgot.  Once. ;-)

Craig.