[mythtv-users] The end of analog - Digital Converter Vaporware?

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:39:41 UTC 2008

> No no no.
> The purpose of all this was not to make money for the government. It was
> to "enhance public safety". My government told me that.
> Never mind that only about 2% of the spectrum freed up might be used for
> PS radios.
If I understand the FCC auction website correctly...the first round of
bidding (on paper) has already raised 2.4 Billion dollars...that's
just round one...the initial blind bids.  (Round two is in progress
now...first round where high bids are known.)

https://auctionsignon.fcc.gov/signon/index.htm  Auction 73.

Yeah....enhanced public safety.  Uh huh.  ;-)

-Pete
MythPVR.com