[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb not working for remote database

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:58:52 UTC 2008

I've searched the archives and Google, and can't seem to find relevant
info for this.

I've recently moved my mysql database to a separate machine to enhance
performance (or, stop video stuttering).  Now I'm noticing that my
nightly optimize_mythdb.pl cron job is failing because it's trying to
connect to localhost.  I have MythTV working fine, my local mysql.txt
file has "DBHostName=remotehost" at the very top, and yet it still
pings localhost.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I considering editing
the Perl script, but it looks like it leverages the Myth perl bindings
and I have a feeling it's just a setup issue on my end of things.  I
would think it should be able to find out the correct mysql host from
the backend or the mysql.txt file.

Thanks!
- Willy