[mythtv-users] TV Out quality (S-Video) on Epia M1000

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:38:36 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, Stephen Robertson <stephengrobertson at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Tim,
> >
> > Well in that case your best bet is to get the soldering iron out and go
> > for RGB-SCART! (You won't regret it!)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Steve
> >

> Would you say there is a significant difference in quality between
> s-video, which seems to work for me without any "funnyness", and a
> RGB-SCART?
>
> Thanks
> Stephen.

That's hard to quantify. Depends on your TV and what vid card you are using.

If it's an mini-itx who's TVOUT's are known to be so-so (at least on the
earlier boards I don't know about the later ones). Then I'd say it's a huge
difference.

For example, if I run an xterm on SVID I can hardly read it using my default
fonts.
On RGB I can read it from 6ft away and use it to write scripts etc on my TV.

Cheers

Steve