[mythtv-users] Processor

Greg Mischel Smith gregms at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 04:26:40 UTC 2008

I'm in the process of building my HTPC with Mythbuntu for playing Over the
air HDTV.
I have an AMD 3800+ Dual-Core processor on my home desktop and I just
purchased an AMD 5000+ Dual-Core processor.

My desktop computer is running just fine on the 3800+, but I thought it
might be nice to upgrade it and move the 3800+ to my HTPC. Would I have a
better experience on my HTPC using the 5000+ processor versus the 3800+, or
will the difference not be noticed.

I currently just have one pcHDTV 5500 card, but I plan to get a second one
in the future so I probably will be recording and playing ATSC HDTV content
at the same time.

Greg Smith
KCMO