[mythtv-users] help control mythtv via telnet

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Jan 22 23:27:07 UTC 2008

Hello all, i have this idea to control my mythtv frontend over telnet.
I want to have different bash files that can be run that execute a telnet
command...i just don't know how to do it.
I tried this:
#!/bin/bash
telnet mythtv-frontend 6546
jump mythgallery
exit
exit 0
The idea with that above script is that it just changes my mythfrontend to
open the gallery then exit telnet and then exit the script...it didn't work.
Anyone use scripts of any sort to do only a particular function? I want to
run these scripts and have them just work, and just do one thing, like live
tv, volume up, mute, gallery, channel 34, etc etc etc.
-Thanks