[mythtv-users] Viktor's Bob deint patch for interlaced modelines

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:35:17 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008 9:36 AM, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Chris,
> >

> > I've been trying to figure this out myself as I currently use Viktor's patch
> > on my 0.20 system.
> > Looking at the source code for mythtv-vid and the current trunk, it seems
> > that it might be in for OpenGL mode but not normal XVMC mode, so you'll
> > still have to do the modification yourself....

> While I'm at it...forgive my ignorance, but what exactly _is_ the
> mythtv-vid branch anyway.  I never understood that one.

There is nothing currently relevant (to this discussion) in the
mythtv-vid branch that hasn't already been merged into trunk.

If you have a valid 720x576 interlaced modeline working with trunk,
try the 'Interlaced (HW 2x)' opengl deinterlacer. It may give you some
good results (it works well for me over DVI to my LCD tv, also tested
on my PS3 over scart to a CRT display).

Alternatively, if your graphics card/driver combination can't cope,
wait a few days. I should have a software/CPU based version ready
tomorrowish.

Need to get some sleep first - 3.30 in the morning here...

Regards

Mark