[mythtv-users] NFS and remote backend

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Tue Jan 22 18:43:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:58:01 -0500, "Michael T. Dean" wrote:
> On 01/22/2008 10:58 AM, Jason wrote:
>> *) Another change I made while I was breaking my backend: I had
>>    gotten tired of seeing 70% of the entries in my log files be
>>    annoying mpeg2video warnings about corrupted frames.  Looking
>>    at my logs, I could have not consumed about 120MB of disk
>>    space if those were logged properly in the first place.  I
>>    decided that I didn't need them, so I modified the source for
>>    av_log_default_callback (in log.c in libavutil) to return if
>>    avc->item_name(ptr) was "mpeg2video".  If I run into problems
>>    later, I'll have to undo this, but for now, I'm happy knowing
>>    that I won't have to see those messages.
>>
>>    I had looked at a way to plug this log action into the
>>    standard log system that libmythtv provides, but I couldn't
>>    see an efficient way of doing that given that libavutil is a C
>>    lib and the libmythtv stuff is C++.
>
> I'm pretty sure that trunk has been modified to better handle libav*
> output (silencing much of the least useful messages).
>
> Mike

I had looked around at the code in SVN a bit before making my change.  The file I changed (log.c) doesn't appear to have changed for a couple years, so any filtering of messages must be done at a higher level.

I'm perfectly happy to have my hack lost to time if 0.21 ends up having a proper fix for all those messages.

Jason