[mythtv-users] Widescreen 720x576 and problems with squashed Watch Recordings preview images?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:54:55 UTC 2008

> All the previews are the correct aspect ration on my system, watching
> Freeview on a 16:9 PAL TV.
>
> I'm using 720x576 resolution, so I guess I've got rectangular pixels. In
> xorg.conf I've got "DisplaySize 400 225" set in the monitor section, and
> I've also set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in MythTV, although I don't think
> this was actually necessary.
>
> I don't know if it makes any difference, but what theme are you using?

I am using the Metallurgy theme -
http://miffteevee.co.uk/themes/metallurgy.html

I will try your displaysize as it is different than mine but I can't
see how it could fix just one screen and not break the others.
Willing to try anything however :)

I guess the problem may have been fixed in the latest SVN but it does
not look like the Mythbuntu Weekly builds have been updated (UK
server) 15 Jan is the last modified date.

Cheers