[mythtv-users] Newbie Question about getting a Winfast 2000XP Expert working with MythTV

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:58:40 UTC 2008

On 21/01/2008, Chris Keegan <nospam at theisolationist.com> wrote:
> It kindof works for TVtime, by which I mean I get one channel of
> analog tv. I haven't tried xdtv.
>
> I believe the card is a dvb-t tuner, but I'm not even certain of that anymore.

Looks more like an analog tuner to me
..
>[180077.962047] cx88[0]: i2c scan: found device @ 0xc0  [tuner (analog)]
>[180078.080894] cx88[0]/0: registered device video0 [v4l2]

That 'v4l'  (video for linux) line looks encouraging to me, but I've
not used analog tuners for a long time.

How familiar with mythtv are you?  There are quite a few things that
have to be in place before you start seeing pictures on the screen.
In particular you need to get all your channels correctly defined in
the database.  Maybe your card is working.