[mythtv-users] Recorded TV playback 'texture' differs between programs and within programs

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:45:26 UTC 2008

>    I have noticed some programs recoded on my Myth box exhibit a rather
> odd difference in picture 'texture' or quality; sometimes within the
> same program. For example, the studio part of Top Gear seems to have a
> lower frame rate and in generally more jerky than say the test track
> footage that is shown.

I can't help,  but my parent's Sky box had a fault which indicates
that you may be on to something.

When watching sport it would display the live action perfectly but the
studio shots would break-up, freeze and generally exhibit all sorts of
digital distortion effects.  My guess was that the different shots
were encoded differently.