[mythtv-users] Should I be able to compile in xvmc-opengl?

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Tue Jan 22 00:51:22 UTC 2008

Fred Lapinski wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm compiling from SVN on fedora 7 using the latest nvidia driver set. I
> thought I should be able to compile in XvMC and all of the options.
> Regardless of what configure options I choose I can't get xvmc-opengl to
> enable. Should I even be able to do this? I have no idea what xvmc-opengl
> actually does and I can't find any information about it.

*snip*

My understanding is that it's the bit that uses opengl for the video
acceleration.

I had to add the following lines to the config line to get it to enable:

--enable-xvmc-opengl
--xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA

The system I attempted this on is this:

Fixes branch rev 15013
NVidia driver 100.14.23
Ubuntu 7.10

Of course, it bombed out on make with:

../../libs/libavcodec/libmythavcodec-0.20.2.so: undefined reference to
`XvMCLoadQMatrix'
../../libs/libavcodec/libmythavcodec-0.20.2.so: undefined reference to
`XvMCBeginSurface'
../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv-0.20.2.so: undefined reference to
`XvMCPutSlice2'

Not a big deal to me as XvMC is doing OK and this machine is not a
primary front end.